Review: Humpty Dumpty Flip-Side Rhymes

Humpty Dumpty Flip-Side Rhymes (Flip-Side Nursery Rhymes) - Christopher Harbo, Danny Chatzikonstantinou

<b>I received this ARC from the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. No compensation was given, offered, or taken to alter the opinion forth with.</b>

Humpty Dumpty is probably my favorite nursery rhyme. I don't usually request ARCs of picture books but, since I work at a daycare, and this was a take on Humpty Dumpty, I figured why not? The book starts out with the traditional rhyme, and then it goes on to give you the perspective of the king's men.

The companion rhyme is fun and, much like the original, allows room for facial and voiced expressions. Picture books aren't usually associated with twists in their endings, but this one definitely has one. I laughed right out loud.

Children like vibrant colors, so naturally, books with lots of them tend to hold their attention. Every color combination sparks the imagination and is pleasing to the eye. The illustrations are simple and perfect.

I firmly believe that the audience, especially two-year-olds, will love this book. Humpty Dumpty Flip-Side Rhymes is a fun take on the original rhyme that both children and adults will appreciate and love.