The Summer I Became a Nerd - Leah Rae Miller The Summer I Became a Nerd is the cutest book I have ever read. I don't think I've ever read such an endearing book.

Maddie has spent years hiding her nerdy obsession of comic books, super heroes, anime, and sci-fi and fantasy books. Every summer she releases and nerds-out. When the school year comes around again she retreats and goes back into a world of hiding. Then one day she absolutely needs the last comic in one of her favorite series. Her copy won't be shipped for another month at the least so she risks going into the local comic shop. When the cute boy at the counter has already bought the last copy, she gets lucky and he lets her borrow it--before he's finished. But this cute boy (Logan)... he's from school and he recognizes her almost instantly.

Logan and Maddie were awesome! I mean, they are nerds all the way. The moment I really came around to Maddie was when she explained how much she needed the last comic book. I was sitting on my bed going, that's exactly how I feel about some books! Between their personalities and their sweet romance, Logan and Maddie kept a smile on my face for probably 90% of the book.

I really enjoyed watching Maddie fall in love with Logan and allow herself to just be the real her. Needless to say, I loved this book!