Catching Fire - Suzanne  Collins When I read The Hunger Games everyone was telling me how amazing it was. I heard all of the hype about it that I came expecting more than I got, thus my disappointment. With Catching Fire, all I really heard was how disappointing it was so I didn't expect as much from it. Thus, this brings me to how I liked it better.

Now, I would just like to clear something, Katniss is in love with both Gale and Peeta. She just doesn't want to love Peeta. Even now, Peeta still stands as my favorite character of the series thus far. There were some interesting twists that I almost suspected but not out right, so they still came as a shock. Part of me really wishes Peeta and Katniss had had their wedding but I'm also glad they didn't. Peeta and Katniss are so good together, but they'll never be. It's cruel really. The author makes you love Peeta so much while at the same time making you love Gale, even though you've hardly read about it him. But since Katniss knows him, you feel like you know him. You can't get one ending without hurting someone you have already been forced to love. Peeta or Gale. In the end, I suspect that Peeta will die.

We meet a lot of new characters in this book, among them is Finnick, who I still have mixed feelings about. He seems like a nice enough guy but I'm not totally bought on him yet. There were other characters who it seemed shouldn't have been as capable as they were but turned out to be vital. In the beginning of the book, I was very unsure of how things were going to unfold, it almost felt like the author was going to write herself into a corner, but of course she didn't.

Overall, a great book with only a few qualities I didn't prefer.