How Zoe Made Her Dreams (Mostly) Come True - Sarah Strohmeyer Another cute and light summer book, How Zoe Made Her Dreams (Mostly) Come True wasn't as good as I had hoped it would be, but I honestly can't really say I was disappointed.

As far as the writing went, it was probably about average--nothing to complain about. The story and plot were cute. Zoe is interning at Fairyland Kingdom and, instead of being one of the characters (a princess, Little Red Riding Hood, etc.), she is the Evil Queen's assistant. (Fairyland Kingdom is kind of like a cheap knock-off of Disney World.) While she's there, Zoe and the other interns have to abide by some crazy rules and well, yeah. Whoever performs the best and shows the greatest "Wow!" spirit (cheesy, yes), will win the Dream & Do Grant ($25,000).

I didn't love Zoe but I didn't hate her. The only person I actually really liked was Ian, who I will not speak of anymore because it might ruin the book for some people.... The romance was sweet and cute; but part of me wanted a little bit more than what I was given. All the other interns, except for Zoe's cousin, were all either stupid (*cough* Marcus *cough*) or shallow. Jess was actually kind of sweet, but even she was even a bit shallow at times.

Then there are Fairyland Kingdom's rules. Wow, just, wow. A lot of them were ridiculous. The princesses couldn't gain or loose more than 3 pounds from their starting weight. Really? Then there's be loyal to Fairyland Kingdom no matter what. Um, again, really? In all truth, Fairyland was a little ridiculous but that actually made the book super light.

I'm pretty sure I rolled my eyes a few times but there really wasn't anything that made me hate the book. It was a nice break from some more serious and intense stories (*cough* Mortal Instruments *cough*). My advice? If you're ever in a reading rut because of a book (you know, you just want to read that specific series), I would suggest you use How Zoe Made Her Dreams (Mostly) Come True. It's light and fun and will get your brain away from the other series.