The Fault in Our Stars - John Green Talk about a tear jerker.

Hazel is living with cancer, waiting for the moment she will eventually die. There is no hope of ridding herself of it. She doesn’t have any friends and spends most of her time reading or in front of the TV, until she meets Augustus one day at Support Group.

The narrative in The Fault in Our Stars was wonderfully organic. It always felt very honest and all around realistic to me. Hazel has lived with death looming over her for three years now so she’s a bit of a pessimist and is really just living so her parents won’t have to deal with her death just yet. Mostly a homebody, she goes through life trying to hurt the least amount of people as possible when she dies. Augustus was full of life and really helped Hazel live for probably the first time in three years, despite her trying to avoid it and him. He didn’t quit and he never pitied her. He understands her. And how cute is it that he called her Hazel Grace? I loved that.

The actual story had me crying or trying not to cry for the approximately the last 60 pages or so. But… the ending felt a little incomplete. I fully expected Hazel to die or be on her death bed at the end of the book but it didn’t end that way…. I guess that just seemed like the right ending for this book to me. The ending wasn’t bad though, I mean…well just read the little teaser below.

"You never worry if she is smarter than you. You know she is. She is funny without ever being mean. I love her. I am so lucky to love her, Van Houten."

So sweet. Over all, I enjoyed The Fault in Our Stars and while I can't think of anything that really put me off, it was just a three-star book for me.