Bait - K.C. Blake, K.C. Blake I fully expected to like Bait so going into it I was pretty sure it wouldn't take me long to finish. It didn't. In fact, while at work, I'd find myself thinking about how I couldn't wait to get home to read more.

Here we have Van Helsing's daughter who has just been enrolled in Van Helsing's school in which students train to be hunters. What do they hunt? Monsters. Werewolves, vampires, ghosts (of all sorts), many others, and occasionally each other. Along the way she meets a boy and finds herself unexpectedly attracted to him but, unfortunately, he seems to hate her. Meanwhile, someone is killing students on their birthdays and Bay-Lee races to find out before Nick's and her own birthday arrive.

Bay-Lee (the main character), has spent her whole life running and pretending to be someone she isn't. She's headstrong and tough as nails. Honestly, when I think of her and some other female characters out there, I think she's very close to being the top on my list of not wanting to meet in a dark alley. Bay-Lee has a quick temper and has been trained to fight. A meeting with an angry her would be my death. I didn't mind Bay-Lee at all; I felt like she gave in to Nick too easily there towards the end, especially when she knew exactly what was going on, what, and why he was behaving so cruelly.

Nick is the love interest slash jerk. That's one angry dude. I didn't dislike or love him. I honestly didn't feel a connection with any of the characters. With that said, I still really enjoyed the story. I actually, still don't quite understand why him and Bay-Lee were so drawn to each other. This might be an issue for some but it doesn't bother me that much.

Bait was full of twists and turns up until the very end. Some I could guess, then some I couldn't. But, I'd like to take a moment to say... how could you, Miss Blake! How could you do that to Nick! For those of you who have read it, you can probably guess what I'm talking about (*cough* the ending *cough*). For anyone who hasn't, well I can't tell you because it'd spoil things but when I finished reading Bait I distinctly remember thinking, "I need the next one."