Puppet Parade - Zeinab Alayan Puppet Parade is magical and gripping, I didn't want to put the book down.

The book follows the characters Sophie and Oliver as they journey through town after town, searching for his puppets. But as they, journey they realize that each town has a specific theme to it i.e. religion, entertainment, gypsies, beauty, magic,academics, etc. Within the towns they travel, they meet different challenges as they try to recover the puppets.

The one thing I must say Zeinab Alayan has done exceeding well in was character development. By the time the book ends, both Sophie and Oliver are still the same characters but have fundamentally changed. They find that they no longer desire the things they did before. They have learned more about themselves through their perilous journey.

As I read the book, I kept trying to pick who's point of view I enjoyed more, Sophie's or Oliver's. But I can't choose. There were times I enjoyed one more than the other but I was never bored or urging the author to just end the chapter go back to the other person's point of view.

Besides some swearing and a few grammatical and spelling errors, I found the Puppet Parade to be well written. Each puppet was different and the characters they met in the towns were never the same. This is something I found very refreshing. I never found any two characters that I can say were the same. Each were different and well written. Alayan seems to excel in character creation.

The plot itself was very enjoyable. I can't say I've ever come across anything like this. Right before the real bad guy was revealed I made myself look up and guess, and thought for sure I was right (I'll refrain from divulging this guess), but I was wrong. Now that I think back, Oliver's reaction should've tipped me off that I was wrong in the first place but hey, it was fun to guess.