Vampires Rule (The Rule #1) - K.C. Blake This is the first self-published book I've ever read and I can't say I regret it. K.C. Blake has a great story here. Unfortunately, the book could've of used one or two more edits. Actually, my only qualm with the book is the spelling and grammatical errors in it. They weren't so awful that they jerked you out of the book though, not for me at least. It's really sad she couldn't find a publisher for this book because I bet it would really popular if she'd been able to get one. On to the review....

I really loved Vampires Rule's story. It was different and fresh to me. I'm somewhat hesitant to give the book four stars but really, the biggest reason why it's getting four stars is because the story was so entertaining. The characters were wonderful and, ironically, my favorite character was Jersey Clifford (the bad guy). I liked how he was refined and calculating. If not for the wonderfully entertaining story and awesome characters, I'd give the book three stars. Of course, that's because of the errors in it otherwise it'd get four stars easy.

I'm not a big fan of vampire books. But I really enjoyed reading this book. Despite all its imperfections, it pulled me right into the story. I stayed up until almost eleven p.m. the day I started this book and, by the time I was forced to put it away, I was less than thirty pages from the end. I would've finished it the same day but I was reading it on the computer so I couldn't. K. C. Blake definitely has talent here. One or two more edits and this book would have been flawlessly executed.